Evi Technologies Limited is a company registered in England, Company no. 04660006 whose registered office is: Poseidon House, Castle Park, Cambridge, CB3 0RD, United Kingdom. ("Evi Technologies").
Intellectual property rights of Evi Technologies
Evi Technologies owns or is licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website and all technical infrastructure relating to it.
Users who post information to this website grant Evi Technologies a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use such information to operate this website and for any other purposes.
Access to and use of this website
In accessing any part of this website, users agree:
- not to use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users;
- not to upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
Material contained in this website may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal use or internal circulation within the user's organisation provided that no trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part. Material contained in this website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Evi Technologies. In particular it must not be reproduced or exploited for commercial gain. All other rights are reserved and users must ask permission from Evi Technologies before making any other use of material contained in this website. This permission to reproduce material does not extend to material identified as belonging to third parties, where users must obtain the permission of the relevant owners before reproducing such material.
If required to use a password to access any part of this website, users agree:
- to ensure that any details supplied to Evi Technologies in order to register for such access are accurate and to advise Evi Technologies promptly in the event that any such details change; and
- to keep confidential any personal login password provided by Evi Technologies and to be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of any such password by any third party.
Evi Technologies reserves the right to terminate the user's access to password protected parts of this website if it considers that the user is using this website in a manner detrimental to this website or to other users.
Use of API
We provide access to portions of our service through an API enabling people to build applications on top of our platform. The basic service is free and we offer paid upgrades for additional features and services. Free API accounts have a daily limit (currently 2,000 "tokens") for each person or organisation. To discuss an upgrade please contact
A typical "query" to our platform will consume one token; a natural language call will consume five tokens. This limit may be automatically enforced and you agree not to use multiple accounts or IP addresses or any other means to circumvent any enforcement of the limit. If you require higher volume API use we would be delighted to talk to you to discuss an increased limit. Please email
In order to support caching, it is acceptable to retain and reuse data returned from API calls to our platform for a reasonable period of time. However, what is reasonable will be determined by the nature of the data and how quickly it is likely to change. Under no circumstances should any data delivered or derived from calls to our API be retained for more than 28 days without being refreshed. If you wish to use our API to create data or modify data that you intend will persist permanently, please ask permission by contacting us at
With a free API account, mashups using our API services must display our logo and and link back to our site on http://www.evi.com/. With the direct answer service the question URL returned in the tkquestionurl tag should be used. If you wish to avoid this requirement, please contact us at
Exclusions and limitations of liability
This website has been prepared with the aim of providing information and does not constitute advice in relation to any situation.
Owing to the nature of the Internet, Evi Technologies cannot guarantee that this website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to users. Users should ensure that they have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
We do not verify the content of the materials and information which are posted to this website by third parties, over whom we have no control. You acknowledge that we shall have no responsibility for any materials or information displayed on this website. Although every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information on this website is accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and Evi Technologies gives no warranty whatsoever that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
This website and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that the user accepts it on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. Where users of this website rely on any information or other material contained in it, they do so entirely at their own risk and they accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Evi Technologies excludes all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this website or any material or content accessed through it.
Users may create a hypertext link to the homepage of this website at http://www.evi.com/ and other permanent pages provided such link is not used in a misleading or defamatory context.
Links from this website are provided for information and convenience only and Evi Technologies has no control over and cannot therefore accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third party website. Evi Technologies does not endorse any linked website.
Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you think that your copyright has been infringed through materials available through the website or application, you may notify Evi Technologies by providing the information specified below in writing.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- A description of the copyright work(s) that you believe have been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you believe is infringing is located on the website or application;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Evi Technologies' Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is:
Cambridge CB3 0RD